5/17/2010

Sewing Machine Cozy

My sewing machine didn't have a cover, so it naturally became my project :)

I chose "Sewing Machine Cozy" from Sew Everything Workshop book by Diana Rupp.
You are supposed to use Oilcloth, but since I didn't have it I used regular cotton fabric...


I've been also curious about bias tapes as I was with a blind hemming foot. I like how it gives a complete look to the item! As I kinda guessed how to apply it, I struggled. Especially the inside corner, the handle hole part! The end part is too ugly to show X(



The sizing was a challenge too... I thought the measurement in the book was little bigger than my machine, so I first cut the depth 1" shorter, but then I thought "Oh no, the seam allowance!" so I cut it again with suggested measurement. As a result, it came out too big... :( Oops, I should've used the first cut-out...! I think it would've been perfect if I used oilcloth instead of cotton as it would've hold itself up though. Oh well. As long as it keeps the dust off of my baby, it's okay! Plus, it's cute!


This is the slit part for the power cord. :)


It gives me a smile every time I look at it! That's all it matters!! :D
Now I'm thinking what to make next...
Oh, I'd better finish another knitting kit first...


See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment