5/13/2010

Coasters

To re-learn basic and new techniques of crochet and knitting, I've ordered the kits from Japan which arrive every month for 6 months from the items using basic skills to more advanced ones. Supposingly, I should know the major techniques to crochet/knit by the time I finish all the 6 projects. That's exciting!

After checking my mail box daily, the first kits arrived and they were both coasters.

Crochet kit came with blue/white (they called it pink though) yarns.















With very thorough instruction, I could make some circle coasters.
Starting with the loop, using single crochet all the way.

First with single color, and I tried out a couple of them with both colors making a design.



















Knitting kit came with pink and green (how could they know my favorite?!)




These were also with the basic knit and purl.
With combining them, you end up with a design, in this green one, the tree!
I thought to put an initial on the plain pink one with the blanket stitches around.
I think they came out very well considering I only made a plain scarf before!
More the tree design getting shaped row after row, the bigger my smile became!

My husband loved this tree coaster so much he uses everyday to put his precious beer bottle on it. lol



My co-workers also loved the idea of yarn coasters, so I made them their own.

I put a little dot in the middle for crochet one :), blanket stitch one with her inital on it, and the tree coaster for another.



Very basic but very fun project!

No comments:

Post a Comment