5/17/2010

My first project?

So, to get my sewing machine running, I first wanted to get the manual. I started to search on the web for a FREE manual of this specific model, but no luck... :( The best I could come up with was an $8 one posted by an individual. When I almost gave up and decided to pay, I thought to call the brand manufacturer number on the machine.

I gave the guy all the information about the machine and at the end he told me "that would be $12.40." Oh... it costs and it's even more... I thought out loud... "Oh, I thought I could get it for free from you guys, that's okay..." and I almost hang up when he continued, "Well, if you go to managemylife.com and type in your model number, you can get it for free." ?!?!? What did he just say? I was confused for a second, but he repeated again, and told him I would try that and thanked him for his help. Wow. Now that's the way to do marketing. It reminded me of the marketing class at college lol. I'm more likely to go back to them for some other products just for what he did right there :)

So, as soon as I got off the phone with an angel, I looked it up on the site and sure enough, it came right up!!! Yay!! Oh, that was Sears I called, by the way :) I think I owe them to put their name up here. See how their marketing is working already? ;)
So, I went through some basic stuff and was ready to start my adventure!!
I was dreaming all over about what to create with my baby.
That's when I noticed my husband standing in front of me holding his pants in his hands and said "Can you hem these for me?"

There it was, my first project lol.
I guess I forget about a pink avocado creation...

Those pants he had in his hands were the dress pants which needed blind hemming.
I actually have been very curious about blind-hem after I kept reading the sewing books.
Luckily, the machine came with blind hemming foot and the manual I just got had a direction of how to do it! I gave it a try and Wa Lah! The hem was blind! How exciting!

It was not as hard as I though it would be. I think the person who invented this thing is so genius!
Now both my husband and I are happy and I'm ready to go on to my pink avocado projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment