5/09/2010

Intro


I've been wanting to set up my own blog for a while. With more and more inspiration, I finally got it up! Yay!

I'm from Japan and have lived in the States since 2001. I went to college in IA and during college, I met my husband who is from MI through the summer program in Japan!
After finishing college, we decided to move to HI to split the distance between JP and MI (well, that wasn't the only reason, but that's the basic idea!) :D
Crazy what life might bring you, huh?


I've always been crafty since I was a child, but I haven't really got into it as much as I am now!
I love photography and that led me to scrapbooking. Recently, I've been drawn to sewing. My mom also enjoys sewing, but I've never really thought about making what she makes on my own. That's until I started seeing what you can do with it on blogs of crafty people out there! Until I saw some blogs that mentioned Japanese crafts, I didn't know that we were well-known crafty nation. :D

I've also done some crocheting when I was little and maybe one knitting project during college. After I re-found the joy and the possibility of crafting, I remembered how much I liked crocheting and knitting, so I've got some kits to refresh my memory and learn new techniques and have been working on it.

What I love about crafting is that it makes me happy! I can't stop smiling when I'm working on my projects! Well, not even doing it actually, just looking at fabrics, yarns, stickers, papers, or sewing machine (lol) and thinking about what I can do with them makes me happy!!

Through this blog, I'd love to share this passion with all of you who inspire me.

Why Pink Avocado?
Simply because I love pink and green :)
Hope to show my pink-avocado projects through this blog.

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Mother's Day!
The picture is the sunset view from our balcony.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing all your craft projects. You two really get to see the sunset like that from your balcony? Lucky Ducks. Congratulations on your new Endeavor!! Love You

    ReplyDelete