5/13/2010

Hand-stitching Felt Pouch


This is another kit I ordered from Japan.
Felt Pouches with Silhouette Appliques.

(Little deer is only for display purpose lol. It's cute though, isn't it? I fell in love with it at Gap, had to take her home. She's been sitting in the closet for more than 2 years and thought she could be my blog assistant! :) she looks proud, doesn't she?)




This kit comes with pre-cut silhouette.
I just had to cut the tips of the shape to apart from the frame.
I kept the negative of it, so I can trace the shape when I want to use it again.


This perfectly fits my GPS! I love it! This felt is thicker than usual one, so it protects what's inside with the cushion-ness.

Because it's all hand stitcing, you can tell, where I applied a zipper (backstitcing), how my stitching got wider and wider towards the end lol. Oh well, it's the good part of hand crafting, right? lol
Looking at the finished product, I'm thinking maybe I should've done blanket stitch instead of running stitch around the pouch... maybe next one I will.

1 comment: